Saturday, October 25, 2014

Seattle Life

You know? My reasons for moving to Seattle area may have significantly been upset, I find myself in many ways, at peace with my new situation.  I'm looking around and I see lots of opportunity, and I find myself making plans both short and long term as far as more permanent living arrangement,  but beyond job and living arrangement, Ive got other plans too.

Leg 1 after finding a place?  College.  With a duel direction!  As my primary focus, after fulfilling my general education electives of course, I'm looking at getting a degree in pastry arts.  Most people who know me knows I LOVE baking, and I love cooking too.  Where will that lead?

Well to my second goal.  Most of my family knows what my goal has been, at least on and off.  Opening a bakery/coffee shop.  For the last 15 years or so Ive been wanting one.  I often find myself looking into the windows of available business locations and dreaming about how I would set the lobby off, and wondering how much room was in the back where I cant see and how I would set that up for efficiency and what I would need.  On my Google drive I even have a list of major equipment that I would want in the kitchen area, and some of the cases, complete with model numbers and price.  Ive even looked online from time to time to see what kind of serve wear I would want from plates to utensils.  I think its time to start reaching out for what I want rather than dangling by a thread.

The really cool thing about Seattle where my goal in the food industry is, one of the schools up here is considered the second top most culinary school in the nation (I think it was second in the nation...I'll have to check on that.)  Hows that for setting up for winning?  And I already have a predisposition for baking, its what I was raised around and I love doing it!

The other thing I'm going to do along side working on my pastry arts degree is work towards getting a degree in Political Sciences.  If you know me at all you probably know, there's some chance that I'm very political these days.  One thing I'm floating around my mind is maybe running for an office.   I wouldn't be looking for anything grandiose, and I probably would stay at the state level but its a thought anyway.  Someday  I'll explain why I'm playing with the idea of running for an office of some kind...but not here.

All in all I love it it up here in Seattle and I see myself actually reaching goals that I've been wanting to reach for a long time, and perhaps some lofty goals later on.  We'll see what the future holds!

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment