Friday, March 11, 2016

Talking About The Past

I think at this point, its appropriate to to talk a bit about my past living experience.  Mind you I try not to talk about negative things these days because I know that doing so tends to push people away in the fandom, however, since the other person has chosen to talk about them in a very public way, even two years later, I think its time to talk about my side of things so that people know what's true, whats not and what is a half truth.  Mind you this may be at least a two post effort.

The past thing I'm referring too that of my 2014 living arrangement when I was still in Colorado.

So for a little background.  I had been living in Colorado Springs with a few really close friends, but my job was drying up and I had found out that my acceptance into Metro College in Denver and decided to work on transferring up there so that I could attend and pursue an education degree, probably majoring in either history or English and minoring in the one I didn't major in.  My plan was to either transfer back to my original Circle K store or one that was close by and see about getting an apartment in Englewood, which would have put me on a near direct route to the campus. It might have actually worked too, because the store I was working at in the springs was being shut and torn down, and I kind of wanted to get back to Denver anyway

In the meantime, in going to various meets, I had met a young man, another furry.  At the time I developed very strong feelings for this person.  Had him down a few times, and was very interested in perusing a relationship, and by all accounts from conversations with him, he was interested in at least giving something a try, which was great.

During all that, he found out and let me know that one of his parents had accepted a job on the east coast and that because of his living situation, IE: he lived with his parents, there was a very good possibility that he was going to have to move with them if he could not find a roommate or two to go into an apartment with him. 

Remember I was basically head over heels for him by that point, and I didn't want to see that happen. I mean long distance relationships largely don't work, and I wanted a real shot with him.  So I offered to be that roommate if he couldn't find anyone else, and due to the flaky manner of his other friends he was looking at, that's exactly what happened.  So he did the footwork of finding the apartment, and I approved it.  it wasn't much mind you but for $800 a month in the general Denver area, it sufficed, which was fine by me because I typically am a simple man. So, after I finished up with the Circle K job, I made the move, stayed with his parents and him while we formed up the loose ends and moved into our new apartment somewhere around Febuary 15, 2013. 

Now bear this in mind: prior to me moving up, I received a Christmas card from him inviting me on a date upon me moving up, a card which I still have by the way, and no I'm not getting rid of it.  It serves as a reminder as to what to be weary of in pursuing a romantic interest.

So after I moved, I was pretty damn excited.  Back in Denver, developing relationship with someone I had started to really care about, working my ass off trying to find other work since transferring to a local Circle K was not something that worked out...found at least a little something prior to taking on the apartment...and then FC happened.

Mind you, I did not go to FC that year.  I don't believe In going to cons immediately after or during a move.  I also didn't quite have a job nailed down  that would have allowed me to go to begin with. So I opted out and focused on trying to find work instead, which was a good thing because although it wasnt great, I did find a job that eventually led to my Jos. A. Bank job I had in the same mall.  It went from Teavana, to GreenteaHP to Jos. A. Bank , which that final one I was very happy with.

On his return we went to a bar meet held in Denver on a bi-monthly basis called "Foxtrot".  when we returned to his home, he announced that he was all of a sudden no longer interested in pursuing anything with me romantically because we were roommating and if something happened that ended it it would be "awkward and Ive been in that position before".  Apparently moving someone from half a state away under the premise that a relationship might be formed and then essentially dumping the idea after moving them doesn't also fall under the category of "awkward"

And there, ladies and gentlemen, is where my first mistake was made.  On seeing that he had abandoned the idea of actively dating, what I should have done is had him return me and my stuff back to the springs and gone from there.  My mistake is I didn't do that.  I had blinded myself with the idea that I could win him over in the course of living together on the roommate level.  That was very foolish on my part, and I will not make that mistake again.

Im going to do a second blog on this because this is a lot to process already.

No comments:

Post a Comment